Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bid Laden Captured

As we all know Bid Laden was caught and killed by the US officials. My point of view? I am happy and relieved that they caught him but for the US to throw him into the ocean I believe was inhumane of us. I have many friends who served in the military and a few of them were injured. So yes, I am happy that Bid Laden was finally caught. He does not deserve to have freedom because he took it from many people. However, the US is viewed as a "good" country who helps people and and not kill people so why did we handle the situation like this? They could have made his death more humanely such as a lethal injection and cremation. To see people rejoice after the US killed a human being has me see a different view of the US. Who are we? I am not saying they should have pampered Bin Laden or take him out to dinner. There were better options to of handled capture. We are not sure of the details of what happen all we know is that we caught him and threw him over sea. I believe no matter how bad or evil a person is we need to treat them like humans not like animals. Like Martin Luther King Jr. said, ‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"


1 comment:

  1. I was more in shock than happy. At first it was an eyebrow raiser and I was like whoa really? Then I was like well there's not much I could do but yeah at the same time it is like how many innocent died to get one man killed. I'm relieved but its like the quote from the Tudors "You lost the argument for the war my lord but you can win it for peace."

    ReplyDelete